Twitter is actually seen by many of people as the best social network as there isn’t that much restrictions. And not just that, it where all the big people try to make a statement – talking of celebrities, influencers, and even politicians. Yes, even US president Donald Trump is always making waves on Twitter. So, with all these buzz who will think of how to delete their Twitter account?
For now it seems no one. But, just like any other social network, Twitter may be having its time. It is possible that one day all the juice Twitter was giving could start to fade. And the people will start to leave just like any other fallen social site.
That is when this comes onto the scene. This post is a handy guide for deactivating your Twitter account and deleting some old and awkward tweets.
How to deactivate your account
Perhaps, you want to just delete the Twitter app on your mobile device, either iPhone or Android. If it is just the app that you want to delete without deactivating your Twitter account, then you will just uninstall the app from the device. It should be really easy. It won’t affect your Twitter account.
Kindly subscribe to our YouTube channel
On the other hand, if you want to delete your Twitter account for whatever reason, we got you.
- Just head over to the Twitters website in your desktop’s browser and sign in.
- Now from here, click on your profile photo in the top right corner of your screen,
- Then select “Settings and privacy”.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page, there you will find the link that says “Deactivate your account”.
- Click on this link, and it will take you to one final page.
- This page will explain how the deactivation process works and all you need to know about deactivating an account.
- After you are done reading the information and you still want to continue, you just click the “Deactivate” button at the bottom of the page.
Note that you now have only 30 days in which you can reactivate your Twitter account.
Delete Twitter without losing your data
Also, if you do not want to lose your Twitter data, there is a way to salvage it before you delete the account. This data includes your account history, activity and other media.
To download this data, you will have to complete the request and download process before deactivating your account.
Steps to download your Twitter data
- Go to “Settings and privacy”.
- Then, click “Your Twitter data” from the menu on the left hand side of the browser window.
- Now click “Request data” at the bottom of the page.
- An email will be sent to you when your data is ready to download.
Note that links to download your data cannot be sent to deactivated accounts. So you’d need to finish downloading the data before you delete your Twitter account.
Also, remember that Twitter gives you 30 days after deactivation to reactivate the account. So if you change your mind in the 30 days after deactivation you can still come back. You can also delete your Facebook without losing your data, here’s how.