Since her establishment in 2011, the the Global Change Leaders Program has been helping women all over the world. With the scheme, strengthening of leadership capacities for contributions to innovations and changes in communities and organizations have been made possible.
However, the seven-week education program is offered by Coady Institute’s International Centre for Women’s Leadership. Participants of the event will be exposed to a range of experiences and the beginning of a potentially lifelong support network.
The event is focused on helping women leaders from the developing countries who are working on development issues. The women who:
- Possess five years minimum of demonstrated leadership experience in a social or economic development endeavor in sectors. These sectors include livelihoods or inclusive environment, economic development, food security, access to education and health care and governance. Also, political engagement of women and the rights of girls and women is a credit;
- Have great drive and passion for their work, demonstrated through their outstanding contributions in their organizations and communities;·
- Will be immediately returning to their community and sector following the program to put their learning into practice;
- Are practitioners in civil society organizations including community-based organizations and not for profits, or active in public or private institutions, donor/philanthropic agencies, social movements or in a social enterprise/business;
- Also have strong oral and written English language competencies.
- Hold a university degree or a combination of post-secondary education and experience; and
Candidates must be from a country eligible for Official Development Assistance.
Benefits of participating
The program participants will be awarded scholarship opportunities which will include tuition fees, meals and accommodations. However, candidates will be responsible for all costs pertaining to acquiring the VISA to Canada.
How to apply
If you are interested in being part of the program, then visit the application page.
Also, don’t forget to save your application with the “Save My Incomplete Application” in case the need be and a link will be sent to your email. Click on the link anytime you want to visit the incomplete application form.