In an attempt to reduce the unemployment rate in Ghana, the government has introduced a new programme NABCO that will be paying GHS 700 to its beneficiaries.
The Nation Builders Corps (NABCO) programme is a government initiative to address graduate unemployment to solve social problems.
The focus of the initiative will be solving public service delivery in health, education, agriculture, technology, governance and drive revenue mobilization and collection. The programme was launched by President Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo on May 1, 2018.
The scheme will this year employ 100,000 graduates under seven modules; namely, Educate Ghana, Heal Ghana, Feed Ghana, Revenue Ghana, Digitize Ghana, Civic Ghana and Enterprise Ghana.
Placement in NABCO will last for a period of 3 years under a stipend of GH¢700 every month.
Objectives of NABCO
- Provide temporary employment to unemployed graduates
- Improve skills and employability for transition from programme to permanent employment
- Improve public service delivery
- Improve on government revenue mobilization
- To provide needed infrastructure to improve access to basic public services
How to Apply for NABCO
The NABCO is opened to all Ghanaians who have already discharged their national service obligations and not for an applicant who is yet to do their national service.
Applicants will need to readily have the underlisted information to complete the application process:
- Email address
- Softcopy of a passport size picture
- Scanned copy of highest degree/diploma qualification (file must be in pdf format)
- Certificate number of degree/diploma (if available)
- Ghana Post GPS digital address of residence (visit ghanapostgps.com)
- District of residence
- National Service Scheme (NSS) PIN
- In addition to the NSS PIN, Heal Ghana Module is open to only graduates with healthcare training and professionally
Applicant licence number/PIN is required.
- Any of the following National ID:
- NHIS Card
- National ID card
- Voters ID card
- Social Security and National Insurance Trust (SSNIT) Number
- E-zwich Card Number
If you have the above-listed information let’s proceed on how to apply online.
There are currently seven modules under NABCO. Graduates will be trained and equipped with the necessary work tools and deployed around the country to engage in the modules. These modules are:
- Educate Ghana: Focus on STEM and other subjects in primary and secondary schools.
- Heal Ghana: Provide healthcare delivery to deprived and rural communities across Ghana.
- Feed Ghana: Provide extensive support to farmers across Ghana.
- Revenue Ghana: Provide a workforce and minimal technology solution to generate the requisite revenue.
- Digitise Ghana: Provide a converging solution to most of the active and latent government programmes and initiatives.
- Civic Ghana: Provide some resource base at the District and Constituency level.
- Enterprise Ghana: Assist with the effort to industrialise all parts of the country.
Qualifications to apply for modules
To qualify, you must have obtained a post-secondary education with a diploma or degree relevant to their preferred module. The following qualifications are required:
- Educate Ghana: open to all graduates but those that majored in education, science, computer science, engineering, and mathematics will be encouraged to apply because of the strong focus on “STEM”
- Heal Ghana: open to graduates with healthcare training. We encourage trained nurses, midwives, medical laboratory technicians, pharmacy technicians and others to apply.
- Feed Ghana: open to graduates with certificates, diplomas and degrees in agricultural disciplines and food sciences are encouraged to apply
- Civic Ghana: open to all tertiary graduates of any discipline
- Revenue Ghana: open to all tertiary graduates of any discipline
- Digitize Ghana: open to all tertiary graduates of any discipline but those with an ICT background are strongly encouraged to apply
- Enterprise Ghana: open to all tertiary graduates of any discipline
Here are eight (8) steps to get your started:
1. Start by visiting apply.nabco.gov.gh
2. On this page, fill in your basic information and complete the Google Captcha.
3. You will be taken to the next page, after confirming your email address to again confirm your personal details. Click next to continue. Note that at any stage of the application process, you can save and exit so you continue later.
4. On the next page, enter details that are essential for locating you. If you want steps on how to generate your digital address, you can watch this video.
5. Fill in your employment details.
6. The next page presents a summary of all what you have already entered. Check to see everything is correct.
7. Finally, confirm your submission and print.
Applicants are required to go through a validation process ahead of an interview to determine suitability for the module applied for.
NABCO is opened to all Ghanaians who at least have a post-secondary diploma to a degree in any discipline relevant to the NABCO modules.
NEW NABCO Schedule for 2018
- Online application: May 1, 2018, to June 1, 2018.
- Interview Appointment Booking: All pre-validated applicants can select suitable interview slot online from June 4, 2018, to June 15, 2018.
- Interviews: June 25, 2018, to July 7, 2018.
- NABCO District and Module Placement Orientation: July 16, 2018, to July 27, 2018.
- Placement and Commencement : August 1, 2018.
Worth sharing? Please share on Facebook or Twitter. It helps more people see it.