Studies have proven that there were 216 million cases of malaria worldwide resulting in an estimated 731,000 deaths, as of 2016. Caused by mosquitoes, Malaria is known for being one of the deadliest illnesses in the world. Let’s help you help yourself if it strikes.
1. Mosquito avoidance: The best way to treat malaria is by not having it in the first place, even if avoiding mosquito in Nigeria and Africa at large is very hard. However, with mosquito sprays and nets, you can effectively protect yourself from the malaria parasite. Also, you must make sure there are no big pools of standing water close to your house since that will be a perfect spot for mosquitoes to lay their eggs.
2. Lemongrass: Also known as fever grass, it is a well-known plant in Nigeria. Because of its mineral constituents, you can just cut the leaf, boil it and take it on a daily basis to treat malaria.
3. Oranges and Grapefruits: Oranges are filled with Vitamin C and they help to boost the immune system and fortify it to battle diseases and parasites. Grapefruit, on the other hand, is also rich in vitamin C which will decrease the intensity of the sickness and the duration.
4. Ginger: Filled with amazing antimicrobial properties that will kill the plasmodium parasite, it also provides the relief you need from malaria-like pain, inflammation, nausea, and vomiting. It helps with headaches and indigestion as well.
5. Apple Cider Vinegar: This is an old school way of treating fever but it is still very effective. It helps to stabilize body temperatures and fight infections. Apple Cider Vinegar also strengthens the immune system and aid your body to recover asap from sicknesses. Just use it on a daily basis for the best results.