This year, one of the most wanted features in mobile devices is the Dark Mode feature. For iPhone users, the system-wide Dark Mode is only in the iOS 13 package. And not all iPhones can upgrade to iOS 13, meaning such users can’t get the Dark Mode feature for their WhatsApp.
That’s quite not true. There is a way to get a system-wide dark mode, though not perfect as a specifically-made dark mode feature.
Dark mode is really a cool feature as it makes using these bright mobile displays much easier, especially in dark environments.`
Unless you are on Android and iOS beta programmes, you’ll need to follow the steps below to get dark mode for your iPhone WhatsApp Messenger app.
How to turn on WhatsApp Dark Mode on iPhone without the iOS 13 upgrade
The following are some simple steps for you to enjoy the dark mode feature as well. Though it is very simple, a lot of people do not know about it.
Let’s see how to activate it and get the dark mode theme for WhatsApp on iPhone:
- First of all, head over to your iPhone’s Settings app.
- Hit the option Settings option labelled “General”.
- Under the General option, select the “Accessibility” option.
- Under the “Accessibility” option, there is another option labelled “Display Accommodations”. Select this option.
- Now we hit the first option on the next page labelled “Invert Colours”.
- We now have what we are looking for — the Smart Invert option
- Enable the “Smart Invert” option by swiping the toggle button. This will give you a system-wide dark theme, which is actually an inversion of the original theme. So, white becomes black, yellow becomes blue, etc.
As I said at the beginning of the article, this is not the conventional dark mode iOS 13 is bringing but at least it gives iPhone’s WhatsApp the dark theme. You can try this same method for iPad as well
For Android there’s no way to get the dark mode for your WhatsApp or entire system unless your phone has the Android Q. To get it, sign up for Android’s beta programme or wait till it rolls out publicly.