Each year, WAEC releases results for all Junior High School Students who participated in the year’s Basic Education Certificate Examination (BECE).
The BECE Results of each ear will then be available on the WAEC Site at a date as communicated by the organization.
Knowing your BECE result is the first thing to do when seeking a sense of your future study life.
Kindly subscribe to our YouTube channel
This tutorial will teach you how to check your results instantly online; you will need the results checker PIN.
We are in the wake of the release of the Basic Education Certificate Exam results that the West African Examination Council has released.
This year saw the largest number of registered candidates to sit for the examination.
The BECE result checker process has been simplified, and candidates can check online for their results. We have prepared the best way to check your BECE results.
How to check BECE Results with a PIN (Fast Method)
Here is how to check WAEC results online. You need to connect your PC or your mobile phone with any internet network connection. Please don’t use Opera Mini for these steps.
Follow the step by step instructions given below.
Here is how to check your BECE results without a Scratch Code:
- Use any browser, preferably Google Chrome and visit or eresults.waecgh.org or ghana.waecdirect.org
- On the next screen, enter your 10 Index Number: Eg: 0070202043
- Enter your WAEC exam year of completion. E.g., 2021
- Enter the exam type you sat for. E.g., BECE (School)
- Now, you will need to enter your 10 Digit Pin here. Enter the secret Pin.
- Submit your personal information and patiently wait for your results.
- How to get your BECE Results Checker PIN
How to buy your official BECE Results Checker PIN
You can buy additional serials and pins by dialling the shortcode *944# on your phone and choosing the eResults option.
How to Check your BECE Results with a Scratch Card
If you already have a scratch card and would not prefer the PIN Method (which is more convenient), then this is how to use the scratch card to check your results.
- Visit the Waec Result Checker Online Portal via the link ghana.waecdirect.org.
- Enter your Index Number.
- Select the Type of Examination (e.g. BECE).
- Select your Examination Year eg. 2021.
- Enter the Card Serial Number found on the reverse side of your Scratch card.
- Enter the 12-digit Personal Identification Number (PIN) on your Scratch card, e.g. 012345678912.
- Confirm your Index Number and Examination Year. This is to ensure that your examination information is correct.
- Click on Submit and wait for the display in the popup window. This may take several seconds.
Kindly share this article with friends and family, you may be helping someone.
WAEC Ghana Grading System for BECE
The grading system for BECE gives a Ghanaian candidate with an excellent score of an A1 and B2 grade, a good score candidate gets a B3, a credit candidate gets a C4, C5, and C6 grade, and finally, a “pass” student gets a D7 and E8 grade.
In simple terms, below is the BECE grading scale or the used BECE grading system 2018:
|Excellent||A1||75% – 100%|
|Very good||B2||70% – 74%|
|Credit||C4||60% – 64%|
|Credit||C5||55% – 59%|
|Credit||C6||50% – 54%|
|Pass||D7||45% – 49%|
|Pass||E8||40% – 45%|
|Failure||F9||0% – 44%|
Here is a list of the subjects that are usually tested at the Basic Education Certificate Examination:
- English Language
- Ghanaian language and culture
- Integrated Sciences
- Social Studies
- Basic Design and Technology
- Information Communication Technology
- French (optional)
- Religious and Moral Education
Contact Details of WAEC: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or call (233) 302 208201-9
Worth sharing? Please share on Facebook or Twitter. It helps more people see it.