Ghana Tech Summit is a 12- year initiative of the Global Startup Ecosystem (GSE) which brings together hundreds of entrepreneurs, investors, digital marketers and creatives together in to Ghana to accelerate tech, innovation and economic development within the country. The summit organizers will host an invite only Influencer Roundtable Meeting on June 5, 2018 to share the goals and opportunities available for potential partners of Ghana Tech Summit with the country’s top government officials, private sector executives, media influencers and summit sponsors.
The June 5th Ghana Influencer Roundtable Meeting will occur every year until 2030 to highlight Ghana and Africa’s forward thinking influencers, policy makers and executives supporting business, tech and innovation to activate their networks for the missions of Ghana Tech Summit. The program will feature speakers from Google, Draper University and Ministry of Communications. The public can RSVP via www.GhanaTechSummit.com/influencer or directly via eventbrite.
Like our videos and please subscribe to our YouTube channel
6-6:30 Networking, Registration, Media Photos
6:30pm Opening Remarks by Founder of Ghana Tech Summit
6:45-7:00pm Presentation Remarks by Global Startup Ecosystem
- Ghana Tech Summit Overview – 12 year initiative to 2030
- Ghana Tech Summit Announcements- Sponsors, Partners, Speakers & Opportunities to Join the network
7:00-7:15pm The Role of Tech to Accelerate Business Development in Ghana & Africa (Top Initiatives Available to Africa & Emerging Markets)
- International Remarks: Google (London), Draper University (Silicon Valley),
7:15-7:30pm The Role of Tech to Accelerate Business Development in Ghana & Africa (Top Initiatives Available to Ghana)
- Local Remarks: Ministry of Communication
7:30-8:00pm Pioneer Roundtable Remarks
- Speaker TBA Announced: Ministry of Communication
- Speaker TBA Announced: Ministry of Tourism
- Speaker TBA Announced: Ministry of Business Development
- Speaker TBA Announced: Ghana Tech Summit 2018 Speakers
8:00-8:30pm Influencer Input Remarks
- Influencer Q/A & Debate
- Partnership Roundtable (exchange of initiatives and business cards for partnership closings)
8:30-9:00pm End Remarks & Final Announcements
- Summary collection to be submitted to local and international media
In addition, the program also serves to give history and context to the previous efforts of the Global Startup Ecosystem in other countries and why the organization is heading to Ghana. In 2017, the first black republic- Haiti hosted featured the President of Haiti-His Excellency Jovenel Moise, Venture Capitalist investor of Airbnb and Facebook Ben Horowitz, and 100 global speakers from Google, Facebook, Uber, Airbnb, Facebook, Paypal, Mastercard, Github, Forbes, Inc Magazine, Fast Company, Black Enterprise, and 40+ media outlets. This event shocked the Caribbean ecosystem and yielded 83 million social media impressions in 2 days along with press coverage in 87 global media outlets. Post the summit Airbnb signed a 5 year contract with the Ministry of Tourism, Facebook launched the largest developer network in Haiti and Google Launchpad launched a program in the country capital for the first time.
To continue from the engagement and impact of this event, the organizers will return to Haiti with Headline speaker Jack Dorsey (Founder of Twitter) but will in addition turn to Africa with the launch of Ghana Tech Summit.
The launch of Ghana Tech Summit was announced on at the MIPAD (Most Influential People of African Descent) event at the United Nations in New York and during the Obama Summit in Chicago, USA. The central theme of the global summit is to “catalyze entrepreneurial and business ecosystems in emerging markets”. The event will host speakers from Facebook, Uber, Airbnb, Twitter, IBM, Microsoft, and more. Over 40+ media representatives from Forbes, Inc Magazine, Fast Company, Black Enterprise, NY Times and more will be in attendance.
The current confirmed speaker list for Ghana Tech Summit July 18-20 2018 is as follows:
- Angela Kyerematen-Jimoh: Country General Manager for IBM in Africa
- Lola Kassim: Uber West Africa & Harvard + LSE Alumna
- Ambassador Johanna Odonkor Svanikier: Ghana’s former Ambassador to France & Portugal
- Daraiha Greene: Google Global External Partnerships Manager, Community & Business Inclusion
- Will Senyo: Co-Founder & CEO of Impact Hub Accra
- Ann Rosenberg: Senior Vice President & Global Head of SAP Next-Gen + United Nations SDG Goals
- Sequoia Blodgett: Silicon Valley Tech Editor @ Black Enterprise
- Eric M K Osiakwan: Managing Partner of Chanzo Capital
- Yaw Owusu: Manager @ Ghana Cyber City, the first technology park in Ghana
- Erikan Obotetukudo: Relationship Manager @LinkedIn
- Gina Kloes: International thought leader, Branson Centre for Entrepreneurship Mentor, Tony Robbins Trainer
- Einstein Kofi Ntim: Founder of Space & Blockchain Tech Summits; Partner Global Startup Ecosystem
- Adi Abili: Managing Director of Accelerators at Silicon Valley AngelHack.
- Mike MacCombie: Director of Platform at ff New York Venture Capital
- Christine Souffrant Ntim: Founder of Haiti Tech Summit, Founder of Vendedy (Forbes 30 Under 30)