To ensure safety and security for its citizens, one of the things every country needs is safe borders. This can be done by ensuring that only foreigners who have permission to be in the country pass through any of our borders. In Ghana, the agency responsible for doing this is the Ghana Immigration Service (GIS),
Aside the above function, GIS also plays a major role with the issues of refugees. They ensure that they register the refugees, oversee their safety and make sure they manage them by helping them settle and doing regular checkups.
For the Ghanaian citizen, aside providing safety through the borders, they also provide jobs. So if you are a Ghanaian and you are interested in working for the Ghana Immigration Service, here is all you need to know about their recruitment.
Even though the recruitment process is open to all, there are some criteria used to select. First, there are three categories of recruitment:
- Graduate: you must be a graduate of any recognizable tertiary institution, So in this category, a degree is the minimum requirement.
- HND: You must have a Higher National Diploma certificate from any recognizable institution. So in this category, the HND is the minimum requirement.
- Recruit: If you are a non graduate, you can also apply. You will be referred to as a recruit.
Before the above is looked at, there are some basic considerations that are made:
- You must have been born in Ghana
- You must not have any criminal past/history
- You must have successfully completed a degree program from a recognized university at one point.
- You must be between the ages of 18 and 30
- You must be of good physical and mental health.
- Your character must be of high standard. I don’t really know what will be looked out for but basic moral standards in the Ghanaian society like being polite will surely count.
- There is a minimum height requirement. For men being 5ft 8inches and women 5ft 4inches.
For the graduate category:
- The minimum age is set at 21 but the maximum age is still 30 by 31st December 2018
- You must be knowledgeable in using technology(computers specifically)
- You must have successfully completed the National Service.
For the Higher National Diploma:
The requirements are usually similar to the general requirements only that you have to possess a Higher National Diploma in the specific field of interest and successfully completed the National Service.
For the non-graduate (recruits) category:
Usually, the requirement that comes in addition to the general requirements is:
You must have successfully completed their SSSCE/WASSCE certificate. In addition to this, he must have passed with a minimum number of credits (5) having either English Language or Mathematics as one of the subjects.
GIS recruitment application
For you to successfully apply for a vacancy in the Ghana Immigration Service, you have to follow these simple steps.
Ensure you purchase an E-voucher from any of Ghana’s Commercial Bank branches. Or you can buy the Ghana immigration service recruitment forms at the EMS offices near you.
After this, you might want to know how to fill immigration recruitment form. Well it is simple;
- Proceed to the recruitment portal of the Ghana Immigration Service
- Go to the “Apply Now’ icon and click on it. Follow the steps as directed in filling
- Select the most convenient branch for you and proceed to enter your education details and biography.
- You will have to upload a photo of yourself(a passport photo)
- Finally, print a copy of the application summary report. It contains important information including your ID number.
Worth sharing? Please share on Facebook or Twitter. It helps more people see it.