The National Identification Authority will resume the Ghana Card registration exercise today, January 27, in 3 regions: Central, Western, and Western North. The exercise will run for exactly 23 days, with the deadline being February 18, 2020.
For those in these regions yet to register for the card, there are a couple of requirements you’d need to fulfill. These are usually documents/people testifying that you are a Ghanaian and all relevant information provided is accurate.
From the National Identification Authority (NIA) website, here are the requirements for the Ghana Card registration:
Kindly subscribe to our YouTube channel
- Valid identification document/card. This includes birth certificate, valid Ghanaian passport, and valid certificate of acquired citizenship.
- If you do not have any of the above documents, the NIA may require a relative of yours to identify you as a Ghanaian. They must be registered members with the Ghana card.
- If you do not have any known relatives, two people must be provided to identify you as a Ghanaian before you can register. They must meet the following requirements:
- Be 18 years or above.
- Sound mind.
- Has been registered and issued the Ghana Card already.
The two guarantors must also fall in the following occupation categories:
- Practicing/retired professional teacher. That includes principals, headmasters, and head teachers.
- A gazetted chief. That is, a known and accepted traditional ruler of an area.
- Current/past Member of Parliament
- Current/past Assemblyman
- Current/past Member of a Unit Committee.
- Serving/retired judge or magistrate
- Civil servant
- Public servant
- Member of the security services. That is, Ghana Police Service, the Ghana Armed Forces, the Ghana Prisons Service, the Ghana Immigration Service, the Ghana National Fire Service, the Bureau of National Investigation, Customs, Excise and Preventive Service of the Ghana Revenue Authority and National Security
Take note that bio-data will be taken in the registration process and the NIA has the authority to question anyone if it feels the documents presented are invalid.
Also note that your Ghana Post Address will be needed, so make sure you have it before you visit the registration centres.
To get your Ghana Card registration quickly done and obtain your card faster, read this!