Because we are still in the dry season, taking good care of your skin is key, especially if it is dry skin. Scaly and flaky texture happen with dry skin and lots of people feel you can rectify this by taking care of just the outside. However, for the best result, you must be mindful of the things you consume as well. See Foods that will make your dry skin glow:
1. Water: Your skin cannot be great without drinking the right amount of water. Water aids the rehydration of your cells and helps to maintain homeostasis. It prevents aging too and ensures all your cells remain active and functioning.
2. Banana: Bananas come with vitamins A, B, C, and D, niacin, riboflavin, thiamin, copper, zinc and so on. These nutrients possess anti-wrinkle properties and help to moisturize your skin. A Banana gets rid of the toxins in your system and rejuvenates your skin cells.
3. Sweet potatoes: They come with lots of vitamin A, and this is a very vital nutrient for preventing dry skin. And vitamin A helps to aid healthy skin reproduction.
4. Avocados: It is filled with vitamin E and more than 20 other vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. It will not just ensure the skin is moist, it decreases inflammation too. The nutrients it comes with help to repair the skin tissues and rehydrate the skin cells.
5. Fish: Research has proven that fatty fishes like salmon, herring, tuna e.t.c come with a large amount of omega-3 fatty acids and they help to strengthen your skin’s barrier. When you consume these fishes, your skin will appear more nourished, soft and it will definitely glow.