We all know how important our eyes are. What you might not know is that you can actually aid your health by eating healthy. Gone are the days of only heading to the office of an optician to protect or maintain your eyesight, you can make things happen on your own now. See Foods that will help you protect and improve your eyes:
1. Fish: Fatty fishes such as salmon, sardines, and tuna come with nutrients that can safeguard and maintain your eyesight. They are filled with omega-3-fatty acid which prevents macular degeneration, dry eyes, and cataracts. Do not grill or fry your fish, it decreases its nutritional value.
2. Green vegetables: Eating green leafy vegetables has a lot of advantages. Vegetables like spinach, kale, broccoli are home to nutrients that delay the growth of cataract and macular degeneration. They are also rich in vitamin A which helps your eyesight a whole lot.
3. Carrots: To maintain your eyesight, carotenoid is needed in your system, and carrot can provide just that. It is filled with beta-carotene, an antioxidant that accommodates vitamin A, which helps to strengthen your eyes. Expect your night vision to improve when you consume carrot.
4. Egg: The vitamins and nutrients in eggs safeguard your eyes against night blindness. Avoid frying your egg if you want it to help you. Boil it instead.
5. Red bell pepper: This pepper is available at a market near you. It is a brilliant source of vitamin A, C and other nutrients that aid good eyesight. The nutrients it comes with guarantee a retina that is always in good health.