As you already know, you can protect yourself by boosting your internal defense against coronavirus. Doctors have said the virus battles your immune system, so you have to do everything possible to make it as strong as possible. Let’s help you with important meals that can make it happen.
1. Citrus fruits: It is filled with Vitamin C and this important vitamin helps to build up your immune system. Popular citrus fruits that can help you right now are grapefruit, oranges, tangerines, lemons, limes and so on.
2. Red bell peppers: Also known as Tatashe, they come with twice as much vitamin C as citrus. It does not just help with your immune system, it is also useful for those who want to maintain their healthy skin.
3. Broccoli: If you want to ensure its nutrients are effective, make sure you cook it as little as possible, or if possible, do not cook it at all. Cooking it might strip it of its vitamins A, C, and E components and the vegetable will be useless for your immune system without them.
4. Garlic: Garlic’s immune-boosting nutrients come from a high concentration of sulfur-containing compounds like allicin and it helps your immune system remarkably. America’s National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health also said garlic helps to reduce your blood pressure and slows down the hardening of the arteries.
5. Green tea: Green tea is filled with epigallocatechin gallate, a very powerful antioxidant and it is known for improving immune function. It is also popular for being a brilliant source of the amino acid L-theanine, which helps to fight germs in your T-cells.