Traveling via planes has always been scary due to the risks involved and the consistent threat of weather woes, but the scare has gone a notch higher with the recent coronavirus outbreak in China. It does not matter if the virus has not reached your country yet, travelers need to take extra precautions to stay healthy at 30,000 feet. Flying Coronavirus outbreak:
1. Wash your hands regularly with soap and water for at least twenty seconds: This is the main control measure and it is very effective when it comes to preventing the spread of disease on commercial aircrafts.
2. Fly with alcohol-based hand sanitizers: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention has recommended at least 60% alcohol if water is not closeby.
3. Watch where your hands go: On the plane, flight crews and passengers should avoid touching their eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands. It is super risky.
4. Ventilation: Ensure the air vents above your seat are open to enhance ventilation. Regular air traveler and travel analyst Henry Harteveldt said he points the open vent to blow air away from him on every flight.
5. Clean surfaces: Passengers should not forget to wipe down the armrests and tray table with sanitary wipes on the plane. Use tissues to open the bathroom door as well.