Unlike the items you buy on a daily basis, the mattress is a purchase of tremendous importance. First, it’s a rather hefty investment, which can put one’s budget completely out of balance. Second, it’s a product that doesn’t spoil and should retain its quality and features for the following 8 years.
Finally, the mattress is a product that has a heavy word to say when it comes to your health bills. The design and construction of the mattress are important for your spinal and lower back health. So, if you don’t want to spend hundreds of dollars on future treatments and live your life in pain, it’s wise to purchase a high-quality mattress now.
However, this doesn’t mean that you’ll be forced to choose between food in your fridge or the health of your spine. People on a tight budget can still afford a mattress that’s designed to protect their health and increase the sleep quality. This is possible because the competition in the niche is fierce, which forces producers to offer discounts, deals, and sales all year long.
Kindly subscribe to our YouTube channel
So, if you’re looking for an affordable bed but don’t have the money for full-price, here’s how to find the best deals.
Understand the Different Types
As a novice in the world of mattresses, things can get pretty overwhelming. There are so many different designs and materials that you’ll end up buying the cheapest without carrying about other features.
So, instead of trying to understand what each extra layer does, narrow it down to the main three types:
- Foam – These beds are usually made of some type of polyurethane foam and support a soft but supportive surface. Now, depending on the quality of the foam and ventilation properties, the prices can start quite low. However, low-quality foam won’t offer you the features you need for a healthy back.
- Innersprings – This is the old model we all know from our grandparents’ house, with springs as a support system. They are bouncy, well ventilated, and can be the perfect choice for many sleepers. The good news is that they are quite good for your health, and a good bed can go for an acceptable price.
- Hybrids – The last type combines foam and springs into a surface that’s both soft and supportive. Because of this, the prices can go a bit higher than with the other two models, but there are some pretty good deals if you look hard enough.
If possible, try to get your mattress from an online store. Because they don’t have to support showrooms and pay sales associates, the prices for online designs are about 20 to 30% lower. Even more, most sites offer sweet perks such as:
- Free shipping
- Free returns
- Lengthy trials (during which you can return and get your money back)
- Access to sleep consultants
Furthermore, online shopping is a lot more comfortable and doesn’t take time off your workday. You can shop in the evening, while in bed, sipping a glass of wine!
Look for Discount Codes
Whether you like to shop online or from a brick and mortar store, you should be able to find an offer that fits your needs.
For this, follow influencers known to collaborate with mattress brands, bloggers, and mattress review sites. For instance, a discount code by warmadeeasythemovie.org can give you a sweet deal on some of the most popular brands on the market.
Also, I recommend submitting for newsletters from mattress stores and keeping an eye on your local stores. Discounts on mattresses tend to happen all year round, so you don’t have to wait for any special occasions.
While mattresses are not the most affordable products, you have lots of options even when on a budget. The idea is to do your research, understand what you’re buying and keep an open mind towards online shopping.