West Africa is a beautiful and special part of the world. Africa, as you already know, is a wonderful continent, but West Africa can also boast of ancient Nok civilization, Benin Empire and culturally diverse groups that the black race should be proud of. See amazing facts about West Africa:
1. The Kingdom of Ghana/Ghanata/Wagadugu: It was one of the most powerful African empires for lots of years. This kingdom was one of the ancient medieval trading empires of western Africa during the 7th–13th century and it was situated between the Sahara and the headwaters of the Sénégal and Niger rivers. At that time, it was more even developed than all European nations.
2. The Nok Civilization: Known to be one of the most advanced ancient sub-Saharan civilizations in African history, it started around 1500 BC and was mainly concentrated in Nigeria. The Nok Civilization birthed some of the first sub-Saharan iron smelting and terracotta architecture. However, it disappeared around 200 AD.
Kindly subscribe to our YouTube channel
3. Mansa Musa I of Mali: This is the richest human being in all history. The 14th-century king was actually named the richest person of all time by the Celebrity Net Worth website. Mansa Musa I was simply the ruler of West Africa’s Malian Empire in the early 1300s and he gathered his wealth by exploiting Mali’s salt, gold production.
READ ALSO: African nations to travel to by road
4. Cultural diversification: West Africa is actually more culturally diverse than the whole of Asia. Nigeria alone has more than 500+ languages.
5. Liberia is Africa’s first independent nation: Founded by freed US slaves when they began to settle around 1820, the nation gained independence in 1847 by the United States, making Liberia Africa’s first independent republic. That is 101 years before India gained independence from British rule.