It’s about three weeks into the month and with another week before your next salary hits your account, you’ve already run dry in terms of your pocket. But you need that extra cash to carry you through/give you a lifeline. Or maybe, you need a soft loan to top up to the amount of money you are having to purchase that new gadget you’ve been eyeing for long. However, from whence cometh thine help? All the people you’ve asked for a “soft loan” from are saying “this is not a good time”.
That is why I present to you MTN Qwikloan.
MTN Qwikloan is an afb and MTN Ghana initiative that gives its customers access to instant loans. So at any time of the day, you can get a loan of up to GHS 1,000 via mobile money. With this, you don’t have to go through the hustle of providing collateral or join a long queue in the office of any micro-finance company.
How to apply for MTN QwikLoan
- Dial *170#
- Choose option 5 – Financial services
- Select option 3 – Loans
- Select option 1 – Qwikloan.
- Select option one – Get a Loan.
- Enter MM Pin Number to confirm.
- The service is for subscribers who are 18 years and above
- You must be an MTN subscriber for over 90 days
- You have to be a registered and regular user of MTN mobile money
- If you have taken a loan on a previous occasion, you need to pay on time to qualify for another loan.
How to repay your Qwikloan
- Deposit the amount repayable or more into your MTN Mobile Money wallet before the due date to repay the loan
- The loan amount would automatically be deducted from one’s wallet.
- Alternatively, You can repay your loan manually at any time, by selecting the Repay loan option on the Qwikloan menu by following *170#.
You can only have one active Qwikloan at a time, but once the loan has been repaid, you can apply for another loan. Qwikloan is a 30-day loan. At the end of 30 days, the loan is repaid in one single amount at a fee of 6.9 percent and you do not need to visit a bank to access the loan facility.