In this 21st Century, enhancing your business and building your brand cannot be done with the use of digital means. Aside the various Facebook apps and emails, twitter is another way to grow your business online. It can help reach more people, generate leads, and connect you to prospective clients and/or buyers. But of what essence will having a twitter account be to your business if you have a handful of followers? It even becomes worse if you are a firm whose main service is to promote events and content. How are you going to get new clients with only a few followers?
Having an active following on Twitter isn’t just about prestige, and followers aren’t just numbers. Twitter followers hold real value for businesses; in fact, 36% of marketers say they have gained a customer by using Twitter.
It is in view of this, we have sampled these few ways and methods of increasing twitter followers for your business steadily but astronomically. Even though there are paid twitter ads that can do this for you, we are going to show you the best free ways. Who says free things aren’t good?
Methods of increasing twitter followers
- Follow more people.A research by beevolve suggests that the more you follow people, the more followers you get. People usually follow back so it works that way too.
- You can’t go wrong with tweeting more often. Twitter, unlike Instagram and Facebook requires a more aggressive approach when it comes to content strategy.According to data by CoSchedule, the “sweet spot” is anywhere between three and seven tweets per day to maximize engagement. Some brands tweet as often as 15 or 20 times per day, though, so context and competitive analysis are important here.But given how quickly the platform moves with tweets coming from every angle at every moving second, brands can always make the better choice of posting more often rather than being shelved in a cabinet.
The key is to not only promote yourself. The good news? The possibilities for filling up your content calendar are seemingly endless.
Tweets from your followers. Relevant industry articles. Buzzworthy stats. Breaking news. Personal updates. The list goes on and on. Always having fresh content on your feed allows users to know that you are active, engaging, and well, worth following.
But there’s no need to worry. You don’t have to stay by your phone at every point in time to just start tweeting. You can use a simpler method. Just use a tool like Hootsuite or SproutSocial to schedule your tweets.
- Your twitter bio is the gateway to more followers. Optimizing your twitter bio ensures that prospective followers know exactly what you do so sure it’s professional, complete and that it does a great job of representing you and your business.
- Use relevant hashtags. This trick is almost as a form of SEO for your Twitter account.According to data and best practices on how to use hashtags, tweets with at least one hashtag receive 12.6% more engagement than those without them.
Tacking on a couple of hashtags to any given tweet is a quick way to increase the likelihood of new followers finding your account. Plus, doing so only takes a couple of seconds and there are plenty of hashtags to choose from.
- Promote your Twitter account on all your marketing materials. This includes your business cards, brochures, signs and of course, your website. It won’t fetch you a thousand followers at a go but each follower counts in this game. People will be aware that you have an account and will follow you once you cross their minds when they’re logged on.
Worth sharing? Please share on Facebook or Twitter. It helps more people see it.