With the excess heat experienced currently in Nigeria, you should be ready to do everything possible to protect yourself and cope with the new reality. The present heat could pass as a heatwave and it is mostly a period of excessively hot weather and high humidity. It might be here for some time so we have listed ways to react. Cope Nigeria heat:
1. Stay hydrated more often: Remaining hydrated in this hot weather is very important. With the heatwave, you will surely sweat and that will make you lose moisture which should be replaced with drinking water. Always go about with a bottle of water. Fruits like lime or lemon can help as well.
2. Bath often: Sweating is inevitable during this period so you have to take care of your body to prevent body odor. This makes it compulsory to bath more often so you can smell fresh wherever you go. If you work from home or you are at home throughout the day, that should be easy.
3. Dress light: The days of rocking your denim jackets or your sweater are gone for now if you don’t want to invite the heat you should be avoiding. You should wear more silk, sheer, and organzas and you will feel less hot. Also, bright colors are useful during this period because they do not absorb heat like the dark ones.
Kindly subscribe to our YouTube channel
4. Sunscreen: Applying sunscreen is key as well if you do not want your skin to be affected by the harsh weather. Sunscreen aid the protection of your skin from the UV rays and UV rays can harm your skin by inflicting it with various skin conditions.
5. Avoid ice cream, buy fruits: Yes, you will want more cold stuff due to the heat you are experiencing, but it best to go with fruits. Ice creams can be very refreshing, but the intake has to be controlled. Fruits, on the other hand, will give your body the right nutrients it needs and will even keep you hydrated and healthy.