Here is how:
- Head to gmail.com and get yourself logged into your account by entering your Gmail name and password.
- Tap “Settings”, which resembles a cogwheel, and choose “Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- Tap “Accounts and Imports” from the top menu. (On some versions of Gmail, the tab will be named “Accounts.”)
- Choose “Edit info” close to “Send Mail as.”
- A pop-up window will be visible. Enter your new name into the “Name” text box.
- Tap “Save Changes” to save the fresh name.
READ ALSO: How to send & receive faxes by Gmail or computer
At times, users might see “this setting can’t be changed for your account.” This happens if a user has attempted to change his or her name too many times during a brief period or if the account is a G suite account and the administrator does not permit changes.
You are done.
For more stories of this nature, visit www.jbklutse.com.