Everyone knows that women experience irregular period or abnormal flow from time to time. In fact, research has proven that about thirty percent of ladies battle this problem. Want to know the things that trigger it? See Causes of irregular menstruation all women should know about:
1. Diet: According to PulseNG, a rampant reason for a late or missing period is the kind of meals you consume. The weight you are carrying is also key here. If you consume too many unhealthy carbs or if you have gained excessive weight, it makes your body produce varying levels of specific hormones that can shift when you ovulate.
2. Infections: STD’s, STI’s, yeast infections or sicknesses like thyroid disorders can result in irregular periods when the blood levels of the thyroid hormone go so low or very high.
Kindly subscribe to our YouTube channel
3. Stress: Stress is another common cause of irregular periods. This is because Cortisol, the stress hormone, has a direct effect on how much the 2 intercourse hormones, estrogen, and progesterone, are produced by the body.
READ ALSO: Best period tracking apps for every woman
4. Polycystic ovary syndrome: This is a medical condition that triggers small cysts to form on ovaries which can hinder normal ovulation. Ladies that battle Polycystic ovary syndrome deal with this problem in their menstrual cycles.
5. Over-exercising: Excessive workout affects menstrual flow as well. This is because, when you burn excess energy during exercise, you will have nothing left that your body can use when it is that time of the month.
For more stories of this nature, visit www.jbklutse.com.