If your immune system is weak, you might be inviting all kinds of illnesses. The fact is that strengthening your immunity might be easier said than done, however, various dietary and lifestyle changes can actually help. Let’s help with ways to boost your body’s natural defenses:
1. Get enough sleep: Sleep and immunity are closely related. The fact is that not getting enough sleep actually makes you susceptible to several sicknesses. Adults have to get seven or more hours of sleep every night while teens require 8–10 hours on a daily basis.
2. Eat more whole plant foods: Whole plant foods such as fruits, vegetables, nuts, seeds, and legumes are filled with nutrients and antioxidants that will help your body fight against harmful pathogens. The antioxidants in these meals help to reduce inflammation by battling unstable compounds known as free radicals, which can result in inflammation when they build up in your body at high levels.
3. Consume more healthy fats: Healthy fats such as olive oil and salmon can boost your body’s immune response to pathogens by reducing inflammation. Even if low-level inflammation is a regular response to stress or injury, chronic inflammation can tamper with your immune system.
Kindly subscribe to our YouTube channel
READ ALSO: Body confidence tips for plus size women
4. Limit added sugars: Studies have proven that added sugars and refined carbs can lead to excess weight and obesity, and as you already know, they increase your risk of falling ill.
5. Engage in moderate exercise: Even if prolonged intense workouts can suppress your immune system, moderate exercise can give it the required boost. Research has proven that even one session of moderate exercise can increase the effectiveness of vaccines in people with compromised immune systems.
For more stories of this nature, visit www.jbklutse.com.