Apple has announced an upgrade to its 13-inch MacBook Pro with a new chip known as M1.
M1 has been optimised for most popular, low-power systems where small size and power-efficient are most vital.
At its event held on November 10, 2020, Apple announced the entrance of a new MacBook Air and Mac Mini, and these two flagship devices together with the 13-inch MacBook Pro are the first three models powered by the M1 chip.
The M1 chip, which is the first chip specifically designed for the next generation of Mac, delivers up to 3.5x faster CPU, up to 6x faster GPU, and up to 15x faster machine learning capabilities. It has two Thunderbolt/USB 4 ports, with 8GB of RAM, and an internal storage size of 512GB which can be upgradable to 16GB and 2TB respectively.
The new chip supports 17 hours of battery life for web browsing and 20 hours for video playback, which is the highest rating the company has offered on a MacBook product.
Speaking on the introduction of the new M1 chip, Apple’s CEO Tim Cook said, “M1 is by far the most powerful chip we’ve ever created, and combined with Big Sur, delivers mind-blowing performance, extraordinary battery life, and access to more software and apps than ever before. We cannot wait for our customers to experience this new generation of Mac, and we have no doubt it will help them continue to change the world.”
According to Apple, when compared to the previous generation, the 13-inch MacBook Pro, which is powered by M1, can:
- Build code in Xcode up to 2.8x faster
- Render a complex 3D title in Final Cut Pro up to 5.9x faster
- Fluidly design intricate game scenes in Unity Editor up to 3.5x faster
- Perform ML tasks in Create ML up to 11x faster
- Separate beats, instrumentals, and vocal tracks from a recording in real-time DJ Pro AI, thanks to the amazing performance of the Neural Engine
- Playback full-quality, 8K ProRes video in DaVinci Resolve without dropping a single frame
- Compile four times as much code on a single charge, thanks to the game-changing performance per watt of the M1 chip
The M1 chip is available for pre-order at apple.com/shop and starts at $1,299. You can as well order this and any other tech gadgets online at JBKlutse shop or call us on 0272839333 to order.
For stories of this sort and more, do well to log on to www.jbklutse.com or visit us on Facebook. To report a typo, email the editor: firstname.lastname@example.org.