One of the biggest business-focused AI events in Africa, AI Expo Africa, has announced the launch of its Grand AI Arts Challenge. The challenge is to create an original piece of music or any artwork using AI technology.
Participants should be citizens of any country in Africa and must be living in Africa as well. A winner would be chosen from each category, i.e. visual arts and music.
You can join the competition by signing up at https://zindi.africa/competitions/ai-art.
Winners would be presented at the exclusive AI Expo Africa VIP event. This event will happen on the opening night of AI Expo Africa on September 3, 2019, in Cape Town, South Africa.
Winners’ music would be played during the event while the winning artworks will be on display.
To make it profitable, the art pieces will be auctioned on September 4. Half of the proceeds will go to the makers of the arts. The other half will go to the event’s charity organisation, Starting Chance.
Table of Contents
Things the winners are getting
For the 1st prize in each category (music and visual art)
- VIP/full access ticket to AI Expo Africa
- $600 contribution to flights to Cape Town
- $250 contribution for 2 nights hotel accommodation in Cape Town
- 50% share in auction proceeds of the artworks & music with 50% going to the event charity, Starting Chance.
- A TV / Media Interview plus social media and press release for winners
- Speaking opportunity in the case study track at AI Expo
- Valuable networking opportunities with the largest AI tech community in Africa
- Photography of the event will also be provided
Creators falling in the 2nd and 3rd positions will also be given special mentions in the press and social media.
The AI Arts Challenge is being sponsored by the AI Media Group. This is the organization behind the AI Expo Africa. The challenge is also supported by Cortex Ventures, the first African AI-only-focused VC company.