1. It will save costs and time: For patients, clinics, health insurers. Rather than moving staff and equipment, the doctor can be brought to the patient with reduced costs incurred.
2. It boosts access to healthcare and specialist care: The era of patients waiting to see a specialist will be over.
3. It will personalize insurance: Telemedicine will aid the client experience via increasingly personalized underwriting. It will provide the data needed and help insurers to provide more after-claim medical management options.
4. It can aid employers to provide better primary healthcare options: Yes it can.
5. Health education: It will offer awareness.