Hiccups are unexpected. They occur suddenly and all you have to drink lots of water then hope it stops in no time.
However, sometimes it will be over asap, other times, it will decide to not stop. The causes of hiccups are still unclear but there are clues here and there. See 5 causes of hiccups:
- Liver issues can result in persistent hiccups.
- Chronic disorders like stroke or brain tumour are reported causes of hiccups.
- At times, hiccups occur when your body is trying to stop you from choking.
- Eating very fast can cause hiccups. When your eating is too quick, you can swallow air along with your food.
- For our little babies, hiccup can happen after they cry or cough.