Kindly subscribe to our YouTube channel
In the whole of Africa, Nigeria’s tech ecosystem is the talk of the town. This is not shocking because Nigeria is both Africa’s largest economy and the most populous country on the continent, so its tech ecosystem has to be the standard. Let’s see 10 most important people in Nigerian tech:
- Mitchell Elegbe – CEO and Founder, Interswitch Group.
- Jeremy Johnson – CEO and Co-founder, Andela: Andela is highly popular for its work in the Nigerian ecosystem and all over Africa. It even earned a $24 million investment from Mark Zuckerberg years back for its good work. Jeremy has also been seen in the White House and before the US Congress.
- Tayo Oviosu – Founder/CEO, Paga.
- Shola Akinlade, Co-founder/CEO, Paystack.
- Gbenga Agboola – CEO and Co-founder, Flutterwave.
- Sim Shagaya – Serial Entrepreneur and Investor: He is seen as a father figure to several Nigerian tech entrepreneurs, after funding companies like DealDey and Konga.com.
- Bankole Oluwafemi – Editor-in-Chief, Techcabal: Started blogging on Techcabal.com 6 years ago. He knows almost everything about Nigerian tech.
- Adewale Yusuf – CEO, Techpremier Media, and Publisher, Techpoint Africa.
- Omobola Johnson – Senior Partner, TL Com and Former Nigerian Minister of Communication.
- Iyin Aboyeji – Serial Entrepreneur, and Co-Founder, Flutterwave and Andela.