This article present to you a list of free Android antivirus app that can help protect you mobile device. The antivirus apps are not listed according to any order so you can choose whichever suits you.
Android phones are some of the world’s nice-to-have devices. They don’t have that much restriction, allows customisations of choice, ocean of different apps for various activities. But there’s one major issue that puts me off about Android – security.
It is true that Google and the Android phone makers are trying their best on the issue. Same can be said about smartphone security companies, but there’s a different security issue almost each day.
Well, as smartphones become part of our lives, there is the need to keep them secure. To help the situation, this is a list of best free Android antivirus apps for 2019.
Best Android antivirus apps for 2019
1. Bitdefender Antivirus Free
Bitdefender Antivirus Free, a very antivirus app, offering protection against major Android malware. It is lightweight and uses in-the-cloud scanning technology for super-fast scanning ability. Because of its light nature, it does not slow your device or drain your battery.
It also has real-time protection and as well scans apps as they are installed. The paid version, Bitdefender Mobile Security & Antivirus, offer a 14-day free trial. Web security, Anti-theft, and App locker, etc. are feature of the paid version.
- Integrated VPN for accessing blocked websites
- Smart unlock for unlocking apps when connected to a trusted Wi-fi.
- Web protection for scanning adware, malware during browsing
- Support for Android Wear devices
Click to get Bitdefender Antivirus Free
2. Norton Security & Antivirus
The free version of the Norton Security and Antivirus provides remarkable features. Mostly, this Android antivirus app provides 100% detection rate. It removes malware, spyware, and viruses that can slow down your device.
Norton Security and Antivirus remotely lock your device to prevent data theft if it gets missing. It can also trigger an alarm to find the missing device.
To prevent spams, this antivirus app blocks unwanted calls or SMS.
- Call blocking for muting spam and unwanted calls
- Safe Search for flagging unsafe websites during browsing
- Wi-Fi scanning to notify you about unsecured Wi-Fi connections
- Sneak Peek to click photographs of someone accessing your device without authority
Get Norton Security and Antivirus on Play Store.
3. Avira Antivirus Security
If you want a not-so-popular Android antivirus yet having all the top features, Avira may be the choice. I personally use the desktop version on the Windows machine and promise that its Android version is as good.
Avira even scans external storage units for your antivirus safety and privacy protection. It also gives you how each app on your phone rates with respect to privacy. The app also has a “cell phone tracker” feature too.
Also, if you ever lose your phone, it can prompt the person who has your phone to contact you.
Special features of Avira Antivirus Security
- Web-based malware protection
- Privacy advisor for showing how apps collect your data
- Ant-ransomware for protection from ransomware attacks
- Camera and Mic protection for security against snooping attacks
Download Avira Antivirus Security
4. Sophos Mobile Security
The winner of the 2016 AV-TEST awards, is an impressive free security Android app. Sophos is so excellent. It gives you features that other have in their paid apps for free, aside the great malware protection. Features like app locker, call blocker, authenticator, etc. can be found in Sophos for free. It also offers you security adviser that advises you on how to up you device’s security.
With all these premium features, Sophos does not display ads. Because it is really up to the game, the app have been downloaded more than a million times on Play Store. Sophos is evidently one of the best free Android antivirus apps.
Special Qualities of Sophos
- Call protection for blocking spam calls
- Feature to protect apps with a passcode
- Web filtering for blocking malicious websites
- Wi-Fi security to protect you from snooping by middlemen
5. Kaspersky Mobile Antivirus
Antivirus software can’t be mentioned without the Kaspersky popping in, even antivirus for desktop. Kaspersky is a really a good security app and one of the best antivirus apps for Android. The antivirus app scans your apps for malware. Its premium version has features including anti-theft, real-time protection, anti-phishing, and an app locker to provide extra protection. You can use the premium version for a 30-day free trial.
- Find My Phone – for locating your phone if lost
- Call filter – blocking unwanted and spam calls
- Strong protection against viruses, trojans, and malware
- Background apps check for checking malware in downloaded apps
6. DFNDR Security
One excellent free antivirus for Android is DFNDR. This is an all-in-one phone security app. DFNDR comes with top-notch features such as anti-hacking and anti-phishing. The app also speeds internet connection since it closes background apps that compete for bandwidth.
The only trade-off is its ads. Its ads can be very annoying. To do away with the ads, you’d have to pay a small amount for a yearly subscription.
DFNDR Security features
- Quick cleanup to remove junk files and cache
- Anti-hacking and anti-phishing protection feature
- AppLock to lock apps with passcode and fingerprint technology
- DFNDR assistant for sending you regular updates about utilizing antivirus to its full extent
Get DFNDR Security from Play Store.
7. Avast Mobile Security
Another great antivirus app for Android is Avast. It provides complete protection against spyware and viruses with a single tap. Its in-app purchases remove gives you the app locking feature and removes ads. Avast also gives you advanced features like SIM security, camera trap, and a whole others.
Special features of Avast Mobile Security
- Web shield for safe web browsing
- Junk cleaner for wiping cache and residual files
- Photo vault for securing photographs against unwanted access
- App insights for viewing the time you are spending on each app
8. AVG AntiVirus
Built by AVG Technologies, a subsidiary of Avast Software, AVG Antivirus for Android is really a powerful app. It has all the standard features of a free Android antivirus app. Its features include periodic scans, Wi-Fi security, junk cleaner, ram booster, call blocker, power saver, etc.
AVG gives a 14-day trial for some premium features.
Features of AVG AntiVirus
- Photo vault for locking photographs
- Performance-boosting feature for extending battery life
- Dual-engine antivirus for removing viruses and other malicious content
- Surveillance agent for remotely capturing photos and record audio from phone via the website
Download AVG AntiVirus here.
9. McAfee Mobile Security & Lock
Next on the list is McAfee Mobile Security and Lock. McAfee possesses most of the advanced in Android mobile antivirus apps. Such features include anti-theft features, security lock, Wi-Fi security, battery optimizer, memory cleaner, etc.
With its clever interface, McAfee provides tutorials for every feature. McAfee Mobile Security & Lock is one of the best antivirus apps for Android.
- Support for Android Wear devices
- Thief cam for capturing the photographs of intruders
- Feature to remotely wipe data in case of theft or loss of mobile phone
- Anti-theft uninstall protection to stop a thief from uninstalling the antivirus app
Get McAfee Mobile Security for your Android phone.
10. Security Master
This is the upgraded version of the original CM Security app for Android. Security Master is an all-in-one antivirus app. It has good ratings in the Play Store along with a considerable number of downloads. It keeps your phone safe from all sorts of malware and makes sure that no viruses get into your phone.
Alongside, keeping your Android device safe from viruses and all sort of malware, Security Master offers message security, Wi-Fi security, app locker, scanner, junk cleaner, call blocker, etc.
Security Master also allows you to browse sites like Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, etc. securely from within the app. This definitely another best antivirus app for Android devices.
Security Master’s special features
- Anti-theft alarm
- Intruder selfie for capturing intruders
- Message security for hiding notification previews
- Safeconnect VPN for accessing websites that are blocked in your region
Download Mobile Security Master for free on Play Store.